Sunday 4 May 2014

Please Be Patient - To My Dearest Son





My dear son, the day you see I'm getting old, I ask you
 to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand
 what I'm going through. If when we talk, I repeat the
 same thing a thousand times, don't interrupt to say: 
"You said the same thing a minute ago"... Just listen, please.
 Try to remember the times when you were little and I 
would read the same story night after night until you would 
fall asleep.

When I don't want to take a bath, don't be mad and don't 
embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making 
excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were
 just a little boy?
When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new 
technology,give me the time to learn and don't look at me 
that way ... remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do 
many things  like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing 
your hair and dealing with life's issues every day... the day
 you see I'm getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but
 most of all, try to understand what I'm going through.
If I occasionally lose track of what we're talking about, 
give me the time to remember, and if I can't, don't be nervous, 
impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most 
important thing for me is to be with you.
And when my old, tired legs don't let me move as quickly as 
before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine
 to you  when you first walked. When those days come, 
don't feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get
 to the end of my life with love. I'll cherish and thank you for
 the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the 
huge love I've always had for you, I just want to say,
 I love you ... my dearest son .

Original text in Spanish and photo by Guillermo Peña.
Translation to English by Sergio Cadena

No comments:

2019年复活节插花

2021 年 9 月 7 日 2020 年新冠病毒侵袭全球,我国马来西亚也不例外, 在这一年被侵袭了。      打从去年( 2020 )开始,这两年的复活节教会都没 有做实体崇拜,只是透过网际网络敬拜我们的上帝。       这是 2019 年复活节的插花。...